Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 1

Well, today the traveling began....

First task... leave Boise. This seems like a simple enough job, right? Go to the airport and get on the plane.... well... then again, maybe it isn't so easy.

Azure was this weekend and so I went on my usual route with Liberty. Thankfully we did not have that many stops so I was able to catch a nap between 9 and 10 in the morning...

Where do you go when you know you have a long day ahead of you?? Starbucks, of course ;)
I picked up my tall coffee with extra cream and 2 sugars (this is down from 3... I have to watch my sugar intake ;) ) Then it was off to MA's house to pull the final details together. These included cleaning off the table and emptying garbages as well as less- important things like printing our Boarding Passes.

We had to stop at the Bank on the way to take care of a few things and as our flight left at 2:10 and the Bank closed at 1 we figured we should get there early and so we ended up pulling into the parking lot at 12:59...

Going through all the Security at the airport went better than expected and I let out a sigh of relief as I was able to get to the only line that was having people go through the "old stye" scan machines.

First let of the journey was a flight to the Twin Cities. I enjoyed my book as well as some Cranberry-Apple Juice.

Our layover was not that long, but we had time to eat a salad, go to the Starbucks, direct a pilot to the Starbucks, find a Snoopy statue (see below ;)), use the ATM, find someone wearing as much green as I am, and get glared at by the shoe-shine man.

We successfully boarded our flight for Boston and settled in for the 2 hr flight. I continued with my book (almost done y'all :) :)) and drank some ginger ale.

We landed in Boston (coming in it looks like you are going to land right on the water... kinda scary :)) and got our checked bag. We were met at the Airport by a man who does a car service for the Boston Airport. He took us out to Concord, pointing out interesting landmarks on the way.

We arrived at the Concord Inn (built in 1716 and just down the street from the childhood home of Louisa May Alcott) and were shown to our room where we had to use a real key to get in (totally awesome!)

Well I hope you all are having as much fun as I am

Mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment